VITA is accepting registrations to be a member of a public review VITA Consensus Body for voting to revise this standard. You do not have to be a VITA member to participate in this Consensus Body. The response deadline to register for this consensus body is: November 14, 2022
Revision of Existing Standard
This standard has been revised; hence it has been put forth for approval of the revisions.
DRAFT/VITA 48.7-2022x: Mechanical Standard for Electronic Plug-in Units using Air Flow-by Cooling Technology
Abstract: This document describe a detailed mechanical implementation for Air Flow-By cooling and sealing technologies applied to plug-in modules, backplanes, and sub-racks as defined in VITA 46/48. Air Flow-By cooling seals, environmentally and EMI, the PCBA within heat exchanging covers, convectively cooling the assembly without exposing the PCBA to the cooling air.
This revision provides additional design clarity, removes dependencies on external documentation, adds requirements for plug-in module specifications, and updates recommendations to better guide design practice
How to Apply for the Consensus Body
Currently, this consensus body needs voting members from the following interest categories in order to be able to proceed with this process. The consensus body will be vetted to ensure it meets balance, lack of dominance and openness rules. Following which a formal ballot will be sent to the consensus body for voting.
- Producer: An appropriate participant designs, develops, or manufactures products using this standard.
- User-Industrial/Commercial: An appropriate participant is using this standard in an industrial or commercial application
- User-Government/Military: An appropriate participant is a representative of a government agency using this standard in a government or military application.
- Research: An appropriate participant is involved in research or consulting that may use this standard.
- General Interest: An appropriate participant is an interested party not necessarily involved in producing, directly using, or acquiring product using this standard.
Please note that company membership in VITA is NOT a requirement to join this consensus body. This registration is open to both VITA members and non-members. You must register via this form if you wish to participate in the upcoming ballot.
In the case that you believe this standard needs a revision, please indicate so in the comments field of the registration form and be prepared to sponsor and actively participate in the revision effort. If you are selected for the consensus body, you may provide minor editorial comments during the balloting.
Please register ONLY IF you intend to vote.
The VITA policies and ANSI Function can be found on our governance page at http://www.vita.com/Governance.